Welcome to Fusinity Ltd
Fusinity offers unique technology to debug and reflash embedded systems running
in situ. This allows embedded developers
to rapidly debug and develop software running in a realistic working environment.
Fusinity's approach combines the power of debugger-level access to data with the
remote communications of automotive calibration tools.
Fusinity's product provides an all-round Windows toolkit for automotive and non-automotive
software development, acting as a calibration tool, debug tool, CAN tool, and diagnostic tool.
It is much lower cost than traditional calibration tools, yet provides more useful
and instant functionality for software developers making frequent builds.
Two versions are available:
EmSnoop is offered by Fusinity Ltd and can be tailored to work with your
Your system just needs some kind of communications bus that offers
at least a memory read operation.
PiSnoop is offered by automotive electronics experts
Pi Innovo ltd (www.pi-innovo.com),
and sold and supported by them.
It provides an ideal partner to OpenECU (TM) (www.openecu.com)
but also works with other automotive systems.
Includes developer source code examples
to help you work with your own protocols and hardware interfaces.
Includes a comprehensive application note on working with OpenECU.
Download now from this page. (Licence Agreement/Terms and Conditions here)
This is a Windows Installer (.msi) file for Windows XP or higher. A free fully-functional demo with some time and operation limits is installed.
Uinstallation instructions: use Control Panel->Programs to remove again if required.
Please contact us if you require a quotation for a permanent licence.
for immediate download of the fully-functional trial version and current pricing.
Both products include a host of essential functions for software teams developing embedded software including:
- Communication over CAN using CCP or UDS/Keyword Protocol
- Reads ELF/COFF DWARF files to load all linker symbols, to give live debugger-style Watch windows
- Oscilloscope view to watch live data or analyse logged data
- Arrays, pointers, structures and bitfields can all be accessed live
- ASAP2 (.A2L) files supported for scaled values with descriptions
- Edit and manage calibraton parameters by name to port between builds
- Lookup tables and raw memory editing window
- Features to synchronise and reflash calibration area only
- Live reading and writing of internal ECU data
- High-speed logging using CCP-DAQ
- Flash reprogramming via CCP or UDS/KWP
- Fast CAN message generation, replay, viewing and logging with DBC database support
- Multiplexed DBC signals handled automatically in cyclic transmit and receive handling
- ISO 15765-2 diagnostics with transport protocol for long messages (J1979/KWP/UDS)
- J1939-21 interface with transport protocol for long messages
- Vector, Kvaser and PEAK-Systems (PCAN) CAN interfaces all supported
- Extensible via user plug-in DLLs to add new features and to support new hardware interfaces or communication protocols
New features from v220.127.116.11 (17Sep2016)
- Added beta CAN Replay window to replay saved CAN log files onto real or virtual buses for ECU stimulation or reanalysis (scope display, new .dbc, new filters etc).
- Now handling floating-point enums in .a2l files, and some new keywords (e.g. PHYS_UNIT).
- Updated Vector XL CAN library DLLs to v9.0.34.
- Improved attached Kvaser device info reporting for licensing purposes.
- Several CAN Sender, Watch and Scope usability improvements.
- Improvements to calibration parameter saving in .dcm format.
- Documentation (visible in VS Object Browser) added for useful public ECU, SeedKey and Utils class methods to aid Extra (plug-in) developers.
- Fixed ECU file properties corruption that could give incorrect calibration parameter saving behaviour (related to 'Down' button use); issue in existing workspaces now detected and auto-fix offered.
- Fixed bug whereby deleting CAN Sender rows could give wrong properties for messages in rows beneath.
- Workaround introduced for Windows bug affecting window resizing on higher second monitor.
- Disabled Lookup shift tab left/right options which worked incorrectly, pending ongoing redesign of table lookups.
- Fixed bug in values for (typically fixed-point) .a2l entries with both non-unity scaling and non-zero offset.
- Various other small fixes and robustness improvements.
New features from v18.104.22.168 (12Nov2015)
- DCM parameter file calibration format support added in Ultimate variant.
- Support added for 29-bit (extended) CAN IDs for CCP.
- Various Scope improvements including engineering-units baseline instead of divisions.
- Upgraded to PEAK 22.214.171.124 DLLs and added workaround to "rest" interface after errors to avoid it getting "stuck".
- Upgraded to Kvaser drivers version 5_9_866 (Kvaser USBcan Pro 5xHS and Kvaser Memorator Pro 5xHS).
- Showing/logging CAN error frames with Vector and Kvaser interfaces.
- New buttons in CAN Sender to reorder messages and zero transmit counters.
- New workspace options added to ignore decimal places specified in .a2l file, and to add units row to logfiles.
- Experimental support for virtual COM port CAN interfaces added: USBtin, Lawicel/CANUSB and EasySync (but devices increasingly flaky in that order, not recommended for general use).
- UDS memory access made more flexible, allowing other services in place of ReadMemoryByAddress.
- Many other small improvements and fixes to Watch, Scope and CAN functionality.
New features from v126.96.36.199 (25Mar2015)
- Calibration editor window to allow diff/merge of parameter sets added
- Visual display and editing of Lookup maps now supported*
- Added parameter load/save in M-file format to allow altered calibrations to be loaded into MATLAB
- Docking/floating control toolbar added to facilitate logging and value nudging when Watch/CAN Monitor/Lookup controls hidden
- Using connected Kvaser interface serial number as licence dongle now supported
- Nudge value up/down keyboard shortcuts now supported in Watch and Lookup windows
- Support added for various .a2l file elements used by certain customers such as /INCLUDE
- Lookup window now lists only .a2l-defined maps by default
- Scope can now be horizontal under Watch grid
- New "pushpin" button to let Watch buttons auto-hide when mouse not over them, to free up space. Rows also squashed up a bit
- User now allowed to reorder Watch columns by drag and drop; new order remembered in workspace file
- "Use" checkbox added to ECU files so they can be retained but temporarily disabled
- Tolerating DLC < 8 packets in ISO 15765-2 to suit customer
- Updated Kvaser driver to ensure compatibility with latest devices
- Various general user interface enhancements
- Online help updated for all new features
New features from v188.8.131.52 (19May2014):
- Combined TCP/UDP over IP driver added
- Example Linux program included demonstrating real-time memory access via TCP/IP
- Vector CAN driver updated to XL library v8.3, supporting newer devices such as the VN1630 and non-standard baud rates.
- Now running program as a 32-bit process to reduce RAM consumption and to allow loading of Win32 seed-key DLLs in a 64-bit environment.
- Performance improvements to CAN Sender and CAN Monitor for DBC messages with large numbers of signals and high traffic rates.
- ECU Resync options added to automatically verify and resync calibrations on ECU reset/power cycle.
- Operations added to verify ECU memory contents against files or PC edited calibration values.
- Many small fixes and improvements.
New features from v184.108.40.206 (25Oct2013):
- Import Watch, Lookup and messaging windows from previous workspaces
- Improved GCC .elf file support
- S3P ECU simulator updates and lower RS232 baud rates added
New features from v220.127.116.11:
- Communication over RS232 or UDP/IP
- Snoop Simple Serial Protocol (S3P) included as example basic ECU protocol for non-CAN applications
- Developer source code examples included (separate package for PiSnoop)
Fusinity Ltd, 22 Priory Road, Cambridge, CB5 8HT; UK company number 08312191.